Free Apron Patterns Simple Sue
Simple Sue is right. This is a colorful, simple, pocketed Apron.
I especially like the polka dotted waist tie.
I'm sure you've noticed that this
is reversible so you can go tame on one side and bold the other.
A splash of color is always upbeat, so add
the splash to your pocket.
As always these would make a perfect gift.
Material supply list
- Two different pieces of cotton that measure approximately 22
inches wide x 22 inches long.
You can make the pieces wider or long depending on the wearer.
- Two bright colorful squares of fabric that measure 8.5 inches x
- One length of 6 inch wide x 62 inch long polka dotted fabric,
you can add for a larger wearer.
- Thread to match
- Turn the edges of your pocket pieces to the inside 1/4 inch and
- Turn edges in again the same width and press well.
- Finish sew one of the angled sides.
- Position pocket low and slightly angled, see picture
- Pin pocket in place according to your liking,sew 3 sides to
Note:The pocket opening is the side of the square, not the top
of the diamond shape, but rather the side.
- Place the two apron sections right sides together and sew
around 3 sides, use a 4/8 inch seam allowance.
- Trim corners and turn to right side.
- Work out corners, top stitch around the 3 edges using a 3/8
- Run a basting stitch and gather the apron top until it is 18
inches, again adjust
according to wearer.
- Turn both ends of ties to inside 1/2 inch and press well.
- Turn both long sides of tie to inside 1/2 inch, press all along
edge and press well.
- Find center of apron top and center of waist tie.
- Matching centers,open out the pressed edge and lay the right
side of the waist tie at the
right side of apron top.
- Match one raw edge of waist tie to aprons tops raw edge.
- Working from the center outward pin one edge of waist tie to
the apron top.
- Sew tie to apron top at previously pressed crease.
- Fold over remaining waist tie edge to opposite side.
- Match the position of the remaining ties edge with the sewn
- Pin all along length of both ties,finish sew entire edge
including both ends.
You did it!