Kids Aprons - Art Smock
What You Will Need for the Kids Apron Art Smock
- Main body fabric - 1 piece of fabric 20 inches x 24 inches long
- Pocket - 1 piece of fabric 8.5 inches x 21 inches long
- 1 piece of 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon 24 inches long
How To Make The Art Smock
- Press down 1/4 of an inch to inside both long edges.Turn in again and baste one edge down and sew the other long edge down. See pocket option below.Turn in both short ends 1/4 of an inch and press well.Set aside.
- Pocket options - if you desire trim at the top edge of your pocket.Cut a length of ribbon or rick rack and attach to top edge of pocket.
First turn to inside both long side edges and bottom just as you did the pocket previously.
Apron Body Top Edge
- Turn top edge to inside 1/4 of an inch and press, turn to inside again 1 inch and press. Sew close to turned down edge to create a casing for your grosgrain ribbon. Use a safety pin on one end of the ribbon to run it through the casing.
- Attaching pocket to lower edge of apron bodyLay the wrong side of the pocket to the right side of the apron body at the lower edge of apron. Fold the edge of pocket around sides of apron and pin. Pin the entire pocket to apron.
- Sew along both sides and the bottom to attach
- Find the center of the pocket and mark.Sew from the top edge to the bottom edge of the pocket to create two pockets.