Kids Apron - Girls Crayon Apron
Size is approximately a girls size 10 if you need a smaller size-go to kids apron and look for the boys crayon apron, it's just a smaller size and the fabric you choose will make it for a girl or boy.
Kids Apron Sewing Instructions
- On sides of main body - fold edges to the inside 1/2 inch, press, fold in again 1/2 of an inch, press well and set aside temporarily.
- Pocket-fold top of pocket 1/2 inch to the inside, press, fold again 1/2 inch and press. Sew along this folded edge.
- At pocket bottom raw edge as well as apron bottom edge, lay right side of pocket to wrong side of apron, pin and sew along this edge using 1/2 inch seam.
- Trim this seam and turn pocket to right side of apron.
- Now that pocket is brought to right side of main body front, fold sides of the pocket together with sides of apron. Previously you folded the edges to the inside, do the same with the pocket. Then sew all along both the edge of the apron and the pocket edge to close.
- Apron body-run a gathering stitch along the top edge of the apron, gather the top until it measures 17 inches.
- Take your waistband section and lay it right sides together with the top of the gathered apron. Let each side of the waistband extend 1 inch off the apron body.
- Sew the waistband to the apron body at top using a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
- Fold remaining raw edge of waistband 1/2 inch to the inside and press.Set this aside again while you prepare your ties.
- Prepare ties by folding each lengthwise with right sides together.Sew along the length and sew one end closed. Use a 1/2 inch seam allowance,reinforce at the corner. Trim off the excess seam allowance and turn tie to the right side.Press well working the corners out real nice.
- Refer to the picture I've included to help you with the placement of the ties and the finishing off of the waistband.
See the picture for the direction in which to lay the ties. Follow this illustration and the next to complete the waistband/tie installation.
When you fold the waistband over top of the ties. Pin in place. When you top stitch the front if you are careful to line the inside of the waistband up, when you sew the top you will catch the inside and it will finish off well. You will need to take some care with this finish.
Finishing the pocket for:
Kids Apron her Crayon Apron divide the pocket in 24 evenly spaced sections, mark and sew the length of each line. Put your crayons in, remove crayons to store.
Would you like to receive a free pattern each month? Join our Monthly FREE pattern giveaway by entering your name and email address below.Join the pattern fun!!