Kids Apron - Weenie Roast
Material Supply List for the Kids Apron 'Weenie Roast'
Note: This will fit a girls size 7 or similar
- A plastic checkered tablecloth or 1/2 yard of red checkered outdoor tablecloth material.
- 4-1/2 inch buttons I used daisy buttons for a girl, but if you are making this for a boy buy some appropriate buttons. I saw some really cute buttons that looked like a tractor the other day, or how about a fire truck.I saw both at Joann fabrics.
- Some white or red thread and a sewing needle. This is so easy that you could easily make this with your children.
- Sticky backed felt in red, tan and yellow- for the weenies
Pattern Pieces for the main body and straps.
Also the pattern pieces for the weenie : )
Constructing Weenie Roast
- See diagram to cut out apron body
- Neck straps-cut two pieces 1 inch x 16.5 inches long
Waist straps- cut two pieces 1.5 inches x 24.5 inches long
Cut 2 pieces that are 1 inch x 1 inch, cut 2 pieces that are 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches.
The 1 inch pieces are for attaching the neck ties and the 1.5 inches are for the waist ties.
- Cut out the apron body and ties
- Using the diagrams cut out your dog pieces and assemble each one. You can use as many or few dogs as you like.
- Place each tie at the neck and waist corners, I use one of the small pieces on the back of the apron when attaching the button to give the area some additional strength.
- Attach buttons
Clean up is a damp cloth
Would you like to receive a free pattern each month? Join our Monthly FREE pattern giveaway by entering your name and email address below.Join the pattern fun!!