Plus Size Apron Bib Style
Ladies if this Plus Size Apron Bib Style got any easier to make, you could get your 2 year old to make it for you. This is a sharp, dressy looking apron that could be just for you and just as easily work for you playing hostess for your boss. This is wow!
I do believe what gives it the extra punch of glamor is that it's black which can take it easily into the evening.
So if you want that rich, sharp look get a plain black apron instead of another color.
Plus Size Apron Material Supply List
- 1 preassembled black apron
- 1/4 of a yard of beautiful, elegant cotton print
- 3 yards of 1/4 inch wide bright colored cotton tape
- Scraps of fabric for flower that compliment your pocket fabric
- 1- 1 inch button
- Thread to match
Plus Size Apron Sewing Instructions
You can make your pocket as long as you like, but keep in mind that it will need to be divided into more than two sections if you do that or it will not lay nicely.
Our pockets finished size is 7.5 x 19.5 for this you would cut one piece 9.5 x 21.5
- Turn in sides 1/2 of an inch and press, turn in again and press well.
- Turn bottom in the same and then follow with the top.Sew across pocket top only.Sewing close to the turned in edge.
- Center pocket on the right side of apron front and with the wrong side of the pocket on the right side of the apron.Pin in place.
- You are going to be sewing two rows of top stitching.Starting with the outermost edge sew all around one side,then the bottom,the finish off at the remaining side. This first row of stitching is 1/4 of an inch from the edge.
- The second row of top stitches will be 1/4 of an inch to the inside of the first row making it 1/2 of an inch from the outside edge.
- Draw a simple flower design in 3 different sizes out of your fabric scraps. Stack these on top of each other with the smaller ending up at the top,sew the button in the middle and then the flower at the bib top.