Free Sewing Craft Patterns - Using Quilt Blocks
MATERIAL LIST - for the Quilt Block Apron Pattern
- 2 Fabric Squares that measure - 18x21 inches each
- 2 Yards of 1.5 inch grosgrain ribbon
- Thread to match
- Optional contrasting thread
SEWING INSTRUCTIONS for Quilt Block Apron Free Apron Pattern
Unfinished apron width is 36 inches x 21 inches in length (total of the 2 quilt squares)
- With right sides together, sew a 3/8 inch seam down the center
- Press the seam open, and turn to the right side, on right side sew on either side of the seam in a contrasting thread for the entire length. Your apron body is now prepared for finishing.
- On each side, press 1/4 of an inch to the inside, turn again and sew down. If you like you can again use that contrasting thread.
- At top edge, turn 1/4 of an inch to the inside, press.
- Then turn top edge again to the inside 1.75 inches, sew at both edges (you are making the casing for your ribbon)
- At bottom (hem) turn to the inside 1/4 of an inch, press, turn again and sew in place.
- Take a safety pin on one end of the grosgrain ribbon and use the pin to work the ribbon through the casing.
Wear your Creation : )
This Apron Makes a great Gift and it's so easy to make.