Sewing Kits Should Contain These Basics:
- Scissors for fabric and inexpensive ones for paper. Optional:pinking shears,small embroidery scissors for snipping threads.
- White thread,black thread. Optional: any color your heart desires
- Pins and hand sewing needles as well as a spare needle or two for your sewing machine.Pin Cushion Good pins are probably 1 or 2 dollars more than bad ones. There are decorative headed pins that are easy to see and are longer.
- Ironing board. I use one of those small portable ones in my sewing room and I do just fine.
- Iron-I have an inexpensive iron and a pretty costly one. I prefer the cheaper one for my crafts. It's lighter and the steam won't cook an egg,but your fingers are another thing.Watch out
- Sewing Machine-the sky is the limit here but for a beginner buy a basic machine and if you can afford a few extra dollars get one that has extra fancy stitches, they can be fun.
- Chalk, marking pencils,invisible marking pencils(not always) all of these are great. Choose one of them at least to make sewing 100% easier.
- Rulers, yardsticks,tape measures. The tape you must have. The yardstick or ruler makes everything easier.
- Cutting mats
- Rotary cutters
- Bias tape makers
- Dress form
- Sewing box
- Transfer paper
- Magnetic pin cushion,bobbin holder
- Extra bobbins for your machine already wound with various threads
Would you like to receive a free pattern each month? Join our Monthly FREE pattern giveaway by entering your name and email address below.Join the pattern fun!!